NEO is a bold and disruptive capital markets fintech company designed for and led by the industry. Our competitive drive, innovation, and advocacy enable change for the better. NEO consists of the NEO Exchange, Canada’s Tier 1 stock exchange for the innovation economy that brings together investors and capital raisers within a fair, efficient, and service-oriented environment; and NEO Connect, a multi-asset distribution platform supporting mutual funds, private funds, and private placements for corporates. Additionally, NEO has been certified once again as a Great Workplace following a thorough and independent analysis by the Great Place to Work® Institute. The certification is based on feedback about the workplace experience directly from employees through a confidential survey and an extensive application process including an in-depth review of the company’s HR programs, policies, and practices.
We are seeking a legal professional to be the first point of contact for all corporate contract matters and to coordinate corporate secretarial matters for NEO Exchange and its affiliates. You will coordinate with other departments and business teams to provide guidance on contractual matters while ensuring compliance with all applicable corporate policies and procedures.
Reports to: Head, Legal & Regulatory
- Draft, review and manage commercial contracts and related legal documents
- Liaise with external clients and negotiate the appropriate changes to legal agreements and documents
- Assist in preparing any required corporate secretarial filings and documents to ensure corporate governance standards for the Exchange and its affiliate is maintained
- Coordinate committee and board activities and documents
- Coordinate corporate secretarial functions relating to board and committees pertaining to procuring and/or drafting reports and documents as necessary
- Assist with review of security filing documents and adherence to established standards
- Maintain relevant legal policies and procedures
- Ensure adherence to legal and regulatory requirements and guidelines
- General legal compliance assistance, e.g. file management
- Assist with maintaining a safe work environment, and developing personal growth opportunities
- Minimum 5 years of corporate law and/or corporate secretarial experience is required, preferably with a public company or a large law firm
- Experience in securities/financial industry is beneficial
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong time management and organization skills, and ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented; strong written and verbal skills
- Strong interest in learning new skills and ability to thrive in a dynamically evolving environment
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.