Corporate Legal Counsel
We are seeking an attorney to be first point of contact for all corporate contract matters and to coordinate corporate secretarial matters for NEO Exchange and its affiliates. You will coordinate with other departments and business teams to provide guidance on contractual matters while ensuring compliance with all applicable corporate policies and procedures. The role reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Review, draft, and provide advice and guidance on contracts and related legal documents
- Liaise with external clients and negotiate the appropriate changes to legal agreements and documents
- Prepare any required corporate secretarial filings and documents to ensure corporate governance standards for the Exchange and its affiliate is maintained
- Coordinate committee and board activities and documents
- Manage and coordinate corporate secretarial functions relating to board and committees pertaining to procuring and/or drafting reports and documents as necessary.
- Assist with review of security filing documents and adherence to established standards
- Proactively maintain relevant legal policies and procedures
- Ensure adherence to legal and regulatory requirements and guidelines
- General legal compliance assistance, e.g. file management
- Maintains relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers as required
- Represent the company at events, conferences etc.
- Assist with maintaining a safe work environment, and developing personal growth opportunities
- D and called to the bar in Ontario
- 3-5 years corporate law or corporate secretarial experience is required
- Experience in compliance or regulatory role in the securities/financial industry is beneficial
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong time management and organization skills, and ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented; strong written and verbal skills
- Strong interest in learning new skills and ability to thrive in a dynamically evolving environment
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter with the job title in the subject line to NEO.Careers@neostockexchange.com.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.